[Disclaimer: Apologies for the untidiness of this post - Weebly have rather unhelpfully removed the columns feature, which my s format pretty much totally relies on, so it feels like a bit of a mish mash! I'll either get the hand of it in a couple of weeks or they'll be receiving a strongly worded email!]
Bit of a flying visit on the blog this evening - it's been a busy couple of weeks but whilst there's been progress, it's not especially visual so I'll keep it to the point!
Firstly, I've added another couple of layers to the new brim block - one one bind around the edge, smoothed and pressed, cut away then wired and roped and we're done! Well, we're ready to start the *actual hat* in any case...!
The traditional methods are the most rewarding for sure, but they're also the most time consuming!!
It's the fun bit now - embroidery, abstract silk flowers and feathers! I can't wait to crack on :) (I should add that I've cut off the sketch of the final design - I don't want to steal this very stylish lady's thunder, she's going to look blummin awesome!)